1968 Austin A60 Cambridge –
This vehicle was purchased in July 2001.
The car has had little restoration apart from the engine bay,
Some Austin History The Cambridge began life as the A55 in 1957. In 1961 the engine size was increased from b1,489 cc to 1,622 cc
As was popular at the time the A60 design was from PininFarina, who also designed the matching cars for Wolseley, and Riley, and the MG.
List your Austin parts wanted or for sale here
1967 Morris minor Old English white 1098 cc Some Morris History The Morris Minor remained virtually unchanged for more than twenty years, (1949 to 1971) during this time the engine size grew from 918 cc to 1098 cc. This was one very popular car, production figures were 1,293,327 – there are still many many Morris Minors on the road, I suspect there always will be..
1977 Triumph Stag –
this Triumph car was manufactured in 1977 and has received a full body restoration and bare metal re-spray retaining the original Triumph engine, Rally Prize winner.
1957 Wolseley 1500. A highly original classic “Wilhelmina” came into our possession in January 2000, rescued from the dusty corner of a garage, where she had rested for the last 15 years.
A little TLC was required to put her into shape and this so far has consisted of Respray front near-side wing and bonnet, complete rewire, new set of carpets and a full braking system overhaul, plus new tyres and exhaust system. “Wilhelmina is now in every day use.
Some Wolseley History
103.394 Wolseley 1500’s were made between 1957 and 1965 – top speed of 81 mph
some details on the Dales Historic Vehicle Club here
1948 Riley RMA 1948 1.5 Litre –
SOME RILEY HISTORY
The one point five was one of the few entirely new cars brought out in 1946. Most other manufacturers were continuing older models. The engine was still pre war, but hydraulic brakes, twin cams, and a vinyl roof and A so so British classic design meant that it was not long before customers demanded a bigger engined version, (2.5 litre 1952) Taking the top speed from 75 miles per hour to 95 miles per hour. These models have constantly been one of the peoples favorites at any classic car event. . It is just a natural head turner.
Dales Historic Vehicle Club
1965 Ford Zodiac Mk III – 2.5 litre colour Green This car was previously part of the Yorkshire car collection on display at Keithley and Hornsea . The car has done over 100000 miles and is mainly un-restored. The car has appeared in the TV series Heartbeat.
The Ford Y engine was 933cc and managed around 8 horsepower. During this early period at Dagenham Ford restricted itself to the English production of small engines in small cars, Ford Anglia and the Prefect. The Prefect having the larger motor 1.172, side valve. And the Anglia received the bigger motor in 1949. During this same period Ford assembled American models with V8 engines.
Ford Anglia 1939 to 1953 production 166.864
Ford Prefect 1939 to 1953 production 379,339
Mercedes Benz 280/SE8 Saloon – This car was manufactured in 1968 being supplied by Charles Sydney Ltd of Bradford. Total Mileage for its 34 years is only 44k and has 30 years of MOT certificates to support its history. The only Restoration work done is the fitting of new sills and rear wheel arch edges and a respray . This vehicle is a prize winner.
Some details about Dales Historic Vehicle Club here.
THE DALES HISTORIC VEHICLE CLUB
Standard Ten Saloon 1955 Black 948cc Owned By Len Hey .
This complete ‘Last Nut and Bolt’ Restoration – with Professional Paintwork – was completed Between 1991-1994. Since that time it has won Many Trophies including Best ‘Standard’ Restoration at the 1995 Standard National Rally. The Standard 10 is not Concours – and gets all year round use, It is a car for driving – and it is very reliable,
The first post war standard model was the ‘eight‘. This was a small car and only managed to produce 28 bhp using a 1009 cc engine. Between the years 1945 and 1948 standard produced 53,099 units.
The eight got a new body in 1953, It was a very small car and cost cutting was evident. But a very successful model despite the skimping.
This Ten 1954 to 1961 had a 948 cc motor producing 37 bhp. The later model Standard Ten had a smaller engine and Standard spent a little more money and gave this model a boot lid. . .Number produced 172,500. This is a very collectible little car
1914 Ford “T” Model Tourer owned by Mark Rand-
Gladys Emmanuel, the 1914 Model T – Tourer was built in Detroit in early 1914. She lived in Uruguay until 1979 when she was exported to the UK. Like all Model T’s she has a 2.8 litre engine, two forward speeds and a transmission brake. She lacks what would nowadays be considered essential items like front brakes, windscreen wipers, instruments and shock absorbers. Even so, the ride is not harsh, though stopping requires some anticipation. The three pedals are (left to right) clutch, reverse gear and foot brake (think about it). Ignition is by trembler coil, one for each cylinder. The headlights are acetylene and the sidelights are paraffin. Air conditioning comes as standard equipment. Top speed is 45-ish on a good day but 35-ish is less of a strain on man and beast.
The Dales Historic Vehicle Club
Welcome The Dales is a small, friendly car club, whose rules limit its membership to 100. We meet on the second Wednesday of the month at Steeton Hall Typically, we have an outside speaker though quiz evenings run by our own members are popular too. We try to get speakers on a wider range of subjects than just cars and car related topics. Unusually for a car club, around half of our membership is female. We have been described as a social club with old cars thrown in. Throughout the season we attend many country shows and take part in the increasing number of old vehicle runs which take place in the glorious Yorkshire Dales countryside. If you would like to join us (ownership of an historic vehicle is not essential), get in touch with our secretary, whose details are on the committee page. You will be made most welcome.
Some Ford UK History
The first English Ford factory was opened in 1911. The Model T ford and a few years later when the new model was introduced the Ford Model A were built in Manchester at Trafford Park.
In 1932 Ford moved to Dagenham alongside the Thames River. It was from this factory that the first of the truly British Fords evolved. (continues page 6 ) Ford Y